Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Learning to Trust and Rest in the Midst of Adversity

(27 January 2011)

Over the years I have had my fair share of difficulty and heart break:

·         Loss of family & loved ones
·         Miscarriages
·         Abuse
·         Marriage breakdown
·         Chronic illness – myself and children
·         Financial hardship
·         Loss of home
·         Loss of a job due to harassment
·         Family breakdown
·         And the list goes on....

But throughout all these difficult and heartbreaking experiences, I have many more GREAT memories – times of great joy, laughter and excitement – it is these times that have allowed me to maintain focus on what is important. The hard times coupled with the good times have taught me true strength, enabled me to grow, to step back and evaluate what is worth fighting for and what to let go of.
I have learned to understand that I can only control how I respond in the tough times – I cannot control how others choose to behave but I can control my own attitude to them, to life and how I handle situations that seem unfair.

I am constantly reminded of the “Serenity Prayer”


1 comment:

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

So true Liz. You have chosen to let the hard times strengthen your faith and character. SO much in life depends on own attitudes and choices.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...