Thursday, April 12, 2012
Monday Listicles: Ten things ROAD...
This is my first week joining my blogging & Instagram friend North West Mommy @The good life. The challenge this week is to list 10 things ROAD.
At present I'm not allowed to drive much, due to nerve damage in my right hip & leg and also in my shoulders & arms (due to a car accident in November 2009), so I am more dependent on others to get out on the road.
Here's 10 things in my life about being on the ROAD:
1. Searching for Punch Bugs and posting them on Instagram. More on our fun game of East Coast USA vs Australia vs West Coast USA HERE.
2. Weekly visits to my specialist who injects my damaged nerves in the hope of decreasing my pain levels (anywhere from 30-80 neural prolotherapy & prolotherapy injections per week).
3. Drives out west to the country, with my ever-so-patient husband, chasing barn charm, fences, sunsets, lakes, reflections, serenity, and more.
4. Drives down the coast (sometimes over the border) to the most beautiful beaches - waves, rocks, headlands, light houses.
5. Drives up into the mountains to discover awe inspiring scenery, quaint little villages and more spectacular sunsets.
6. Bird watching drives - if you've been following my blog at all you, will see I link up each week with World Bird Wednesday.
7. Just for something different, sometimes we all bus in to Brisbane city - to explore the City Botanic Gardens, Roma Street Parklands, South Bank. We live in the "River City"
8. We use Highway No.1 an awful lot for our day trips.
9. I prefer my car to my husband's
- because it's mine :)
- because it's European & safe
- because it's cheaper on petrol
- the kids like it best too (even my step daughters!!)
10. Did I mention, I hate being a passenger... the last 2.5 years have been rather challenging in that area!!
And I have to agree with Stasha... ALL roads lead to a coffee shop!!!