Thursday, April 12, 2012
Monday Listicles: Ten things ROAD...
This is my first week joining my blogging & Instagram friend North West Mommy @The good life. The challenge this week is to list 10 things ROAD.
At present I'm not allowed to drive much, due to nerve damage in my right hip & leg and also in my shoulders & arms (due to a car accident in November 2009), so I am more dependent on others to get out on the road.
Here's 10 things in my life about being on the ROAD:
1. Searching for Punch Bugs and posting them on Instagram. More on our fun game of East Coast USA vs Australia vs West Coast USA HERE.
2. Weekly visits to my specialist who injects my damaged nerves in the hope of decreasing my pain levels (anywhere from 30-80 neural prolotherapy & prolotherapy injections per week).
3. Drives out west to the country, with my ever-so-patient husband, chasing barn charm, fences, sunsets, lakes, reflections, serenity, and more.
4. Drives down the coast (sometimes over the border) to the most beautiful beaches - waves, rocks, headlands, light houses.
5. Drives up into the mountains to discover awe inspiring scenery, quaint little villages and more spectacular sunsets.
6. Bird watching drives - if you've been following my blog at all you, will see I link up each week with World Bird Wednesday.
7. Just for something different, sometimes we all bus in to Brisbane city - to explore the City Botanic Gardens, Roma Street Parklands, South Bank. We live in the "River City"
8. We use Highway No.1 an awful lot for our day trips.
9. I prefer my car to my husband's
- because it's mine :)
- because it's European & safe
- because it's cheaper on petrol
- the kids like it best too (even my step daughters!!)
10. Did I mention, I hate being a passenger... the last 2.5 years have been rather challenging in that area!!
And I have to agree with Stasha... ALL roads lead to a coffee shop!!!
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
What GORGEOUS images!!!! I agree- the coffee shop is the prime destination!
BEAUTIFUL pictures Liz.....good work again.
Greetings from Holland, Joop
well, i appreciate your fences, barns, lakes and landscapes even more, now, knowing you are having to rely on drivers moreso than yourself. :)
Love where your road takes you! Your photography always puts a little va va voom on my day.
I never thought about how I would feel if I wasn't able to drive for years. Right now I prefer mass transportation and being a passenger for sure. Truly hope there is some more permanent solution for managing your pain soon xo
Wow...great photo work, gorgeous images...
More exploring today :)
Wonder where we'll find a good coffee shop this time.
Tell your husband thank you, from me, for driving you around for photo ops.
Your photos are always so beautiful and I enjoy them so much.
sorry to hear about your accident, and it certainly did not effect your camera skills, your photos are beautiful. i love that parrot and i have scrolled through several post admiring the beauty you find. i can't image how it feels to be the passenger, i am always the driver, if i am in a car i am the driver. i can relate.
really love the colorful bird...
sorry for your accident and its repercussions....it is frustrating when we can't drive/get out whenever we want
Post a Comment