Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Creative Exchange: Westminster Abbey Gardens

This is my first time linking to "The Creative Exchange".

Just a couple of days ago, I was looking through my photos of my first trip to UK and Europe in September/October 2010. I have finally finished sorting the 3500 photos into different files on my computer (London, Wales, Rome, Venice, Bath & Cotwolds and Paris) so that I can choose those worthy of printing.

It has been almost a year since that trip and chronic illness has gotten in the way of an awful lot.

I was reminiscing in my London file and came across a few of my favourite photos from my visit to Westminster Abbey. I was so taken with the beauty of these gardens. I just snapped these hoping to capture what my heart felt at the time - the wonder & beauty coupled with the history... amazement!

I hope these are suitable for this photography challenge...

Gate of The Little Cloister Garden

The Little Cloister Garden

Entrance to St Catherine's Chapel Garden

**These photos were taken with my Canon Digital IXUS 950IS camera - the only digital camera I owned at the time (the plan was originally to by myself a DSLR camera before the trip but the cost totally blew out!!!)


Linking up with The Creative Exchange 

13 comments:

lisa said...

It is so nice to meet you Liz, and welcome to The Creative Exchange.
Your photographs of these gardens are just wonderful. Truly such a beautiful place.

Thank you so much for sharing these with us today.

Sending you wishes for a wonderful day!

lisa.

Pieces of Sunshine said...

Liz these are amazing! I especially love the first and last. Wow...beautiful composition, colours and great subjects. It must have been a wonderful holiday.

Laura~Pretty Pix said...

Wonderful images! I love architectural design.
Have a great day!

justine said...

these are gorgeous shots, wow!

Jenni said...

Lovely photos..I like the intrigue of the open door.
Jenni

Tricia said...

Awesome beauty & I love that huge thick door

happy week =)

hannah said...

You put me to shame: I have never even noticed these places.(Not being a tourist when I get to go to London).
Terrific point of view in all these.
hope you will show us some more some time.

Nadege, said...

These are beautiful images.

bailey-road.com said...

Great shots of these beautifully designed gardens!

Anki said...

Beautiful pictures!

Dawn said...

You have a very good eye - wonderful pictures!

Liz said...

Thank you everyone! :)

Lisa RedWillow said...

Wow This is beautiful

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...