Sunday, May 17, 2015

Seattle Skies

For my 50th birthday, my parents gifted me with a holiday to the USA, including a 7 day Alaskan Cruise departing from and returning to Seattle. It was the trip of a lifetime with memories that will last forever!

Our cruise ship, Holland America's MS Westerdam, left Seattle on Saturday May 2. I spent the afternoon out on the "Lido Deck" capturing some shots of Seattle city and surrounds as we cruised out through Puget Sound.

I was hoping to capture Mount Rainier more clearly but this was the best the weather would allow.

The landscapes were stunning!






Sharing with:

http://skyley.blogspot.com.au/

http://ourworldtuesdaymeme.blogspot.com.au/                            http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com.au/

15 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

how wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Now that is one place on my bucket list for 2017!

Brian King said...

Gorgeous! Glad you had a great trip!

Unknown said...

What a great trip, Liz!
I am so glad you had a wonderful time.

Pauline said...

So glad it wasn't raining! I love the shots where Mount Rainier appears to be floating above the Cascade Mountains (if my memory is on form, most days its not!) I remember looking across to them from my daughter's apartment when she lived in Victoria.

Indah Nuria Savitri said...

oh my...the landscape is indeed stunning! I wish I could visit those places as well..it's quite far from NYC..

Graham Edwards said...

Spectacular and I enjoyed the juxtaposition of the modern city and the cranes against the ancient face of nature.

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful view of the mountains. Lovely sky shots. Enjoy your day!

Helen said...

I hope all your days were this clear. Beautiful shots of Mt Rainer. I departed from Seattle in 2012 bound for Alaska as well. The day was such that I 'thought' I could see Mt Rainier's outline.

diane b said...

Wow it looks a great city. One I would like to visit. We left from Vancouver when we did our Alaska Cruise. Hope you are going to show us more of your trip.

Juliana said...

Impressive land/city/waterscapes!

xoxo, Juliana | PJ’ Happies :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos, beautiful blog!

Michael S-B said...

Such gorgeous photos! xoxo

Bob Bushell said...

Lovely images of Seattle.

BernieH said...

Love the views!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...