Wednesday, February 8, 2017

London Bridge Beach, Portsea, VIC

The London Bridge area is the most northern beach in the Mornington Peninsula National Park and borders Point Nepean National Park.
A lookout, only a short walk from the car park at the end of London Bridge Road, provides stunning views of London Bridge, the beach and the rock platforms below. Views east towards Portsea and north-west towards Point Nepean National Park.



Beach access is via a steep ramp.

Low tide provides the opportunity to enjoy a leisurely stroll along the shoreline.

A large rock platform provides for great snorkeling and exploring the rock pools at low tide.



This famous landform is composed of sandstone and has been formed through weathering action of thousands of years of wind, rain and waves. Exploring the hollowed out rock formation at low tide is enjoyed by many visitors to this popular location.




Linking up with these memes:

                        http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com.au/


http://skyley.blogspot.com.au/          http://www.lisakerner-slp.com/blog-allposts?category=Life+Thru+the+Lens

19 comments:

Bob Bushell said...

Beautiful beaches, I love 'em.

Unknown said...

My goodness, these are beautiful, Liz!
I love the color of the sand against that beautiful blue water.
I know that I've said it before, but it bears repeating...
You live in such a beautiful place!
Happy day, my friend.
xo.

Pat Tillett said...

Wow! One of the most amazing coastlines, I've ever seen. Your photos are fantastic Liz!

The Furry Gnome said...

Such beautiful colours!

Lady Fi said...

Gorgeous skies and beach!

LindyLouMac said...

I have enjoyed a simply wonderful virtual visit to your part of the world today. Long time since I last visited your blog, so had a lovely catch up.

LOLfromPasa said...

Your photographs are beautiful. Wonderful to look at. It is so cold here in Coventry, England, but I feel a bit warmer now.

Jeanna said...

This park seems to have it all, beautiful shots and is there a more British sounding name than "Mornington"?

Anonymous said...

Spectacular photos. I have not travelled that way but it is certainly on my list of places I'd like to go.

arv said...

what a stunning sky shots & a great beach. Beautiful!

https://jaipurthrumylens.com/ also
https://capturesthrumylens.wordpress.com/

likeschocolate said...

I could use a little beach right now! And a little heat! I am cold! So windy the last couple of days!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, gorgeous photos. The beach is awesome. Great post.. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

Jutta.K. said...

Such an impressive landscape.
Wonderful shot, wonderful blu sky.
Greetings from Germany

Klara S said...

Amazing colours. Beautiful photos.

Buckeroomama said...

We were in Brisbane over Christmas and I have to say that I SO miss the beaches --those long, quiet stretches of sand... Great photos! (Thanks for linking up with us over at Communal Global; hope to see you again on Wed.)

Andrea said...

I also love beaches with crevices and landforms like those. Oh how wonderful if i can see those too. I love your photos.

A Colorful World said...

Stunning photos! Love the many colors of the water, and those rock formations are awesome! Beautiful place to visit!

Giga said...

I love the sea, beaches and views like the pictures. Regards.

Jordan Girry said...

Lovely! All the pictures of London bridge beach you shared are amazing. Really beautiful, great thanks for sharing these amazing pictures with us.

Landscaper Portsea

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...