Saturday, January 9, 2016

Skywatch Friday: Cudgen Lake

Just near the coastal villages of Cabarita Beach and Bogangar on the Tweed Coast, Cudgen Lake is a hidden wetland treasure surrounded by floodplain forest and rainforests. Looking out over the calm waters, you'll see majestic Round Mountain to the south and striking views of Mount Warning to the west.
Cudgen Lake's pristine water is perfect for canoeing, which is how I got these photos.


Mount Warning in the distance, zoomed in...



We weren't sure if the sky would colour up much, due to cloud on the horizon. But then, we saw a golden glow beginning...



And then, this happened...


Linking with the following meme:

11 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello, gorgeous scene and images. I love the last two colorful sky captures. Have a happy weekend!

Bob Bushell said...

The best of landscapes here Liz, I love those mountains.

Brian King said...

Gorgeous skies, Liz! Great clouds and colors!

Maude Lynn said...

Wow! Fantastic sky shots!

Unknown said...

Liz, these are just beautiful
Those colors are breathtaking.
I wish you a wonderful weekend, my friend. xo.

Laila said...

Such a beautiful and calm place....
I would like to sit there for hours. Just feel the wind in my hair and then clean my soul ♥
Lovely photos

Esha said...

Beautiful captures...looks so serene!

Captured by Jade said...

Absolutely stunning skyscapes - especially the last couple.

Sharing snapshots at Captured By Jade

Nanda kumar said...

Tremendous shots!!

randomscribblingpad.blogspot.com

rupam sarma said...

Awesome pics

Christian Perrin said...

Gorgeous photos, Liz, particularly the ones with might Wollumbin in the background. I need to explore northern NSW more thoroughly I think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...