Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Creative Exchange: Wellington Point

On the way home from an appointment this afternoon, I drove to one of my favourite places by the bay near where I raised my children. I had packed my camera and the plan was to stop at Wellington Point Reserve, on Moreton Bay, to take some photos around the jetty, the bay and also to stay and capture the sunset over the water. All photos are SOOC.

On the weekends and in school holidays, Wellington Point is a haven for fishing, boating and various water sports.

I spotted a Brahminy Kite soaring in the sky, as they typically do. I was very happy with this capture as I am quite partial to photographing birds.


On the weekends, the jetty is full of fishermen & kids. It was rather deserted this afternoon.


A lone sail boat out on the beautiful clear water with North Stradbroke Island in the background.


Massive Moreton Bay Fig trees provide a fantastic natural playgound for children who like to climb.


A perfect day to be paddling in the water as the tide comes in.


At low tide you can walk out on the sand spit to nearby tiny King Island to investigate this unique conservation area, or visit Wellington Point Conservation Wetland. Though the tide was on the way in by this stage.


As the tide came in, the sun began to set over the clear, calm waters of the bay.


 A man & his "best friend" enjoy the beautiful sunset.


There is something so beautiful & amazing about a sunset! What a beautiful way to enjoy the end of a lovely warm Spring day.
(Yes, it's Spring in Australia!)


 

"When I admire the wonder of a sunset or the beauty of the moon, my soul expands in worship of the Creator." ~ Mahatma Ghandi

I am grateful today for beautiful weather and another opportunity to appreciate God's creation.

I plan to go back later this week with my youngest daughter for some more photography.

Linking with Lisa Gordon Photography: The Creative Exchange Oct 10-14th

Thanks Lisa! This is one of my favourite link-ups.

10 comments:

Linda said...

These are all so beautiful!!

leanne can blog said...

These are lovely photographs, what a lovely way to spend the afternoon.

Lisa Gordon said...

This looks like a beautiful place Elizabeth, and I thank you so much for sharing all of these today at The Creative Exchange. Thank you too for your kind words.

Thank you so much for sharing this today at The Creative Exchange.

Have a wonderful evening!

lisa.

P.S. I can see the second one here enlarged and hanging on a wall. It's a real beauty!

Nadege, said...

A wonderful set of images, especially the sunsets and bird shots.

geetlee said...

I enjoyed the post very much. I loved looking at your part of the world through your eyes. Thank you for sharing. The sunset shots are beautiful as is the one of the kite (breathtaking).
Have a great week!

metanoia said...

stunning photos :D

Seeing Each Day said...

It was very enjoyable looking through all these shots although I have to say the first one is my most favourite - really spectacular and so clear - you can really feel the movement. And your first sunset looks like it should be featured on a QLD holiday brochure.

Dawn said...

Wonderful, fabulous shots!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful shots & I love that tree! WoW! =)

mick said...

Hi Liz, I came back to look at your photo of the Brahminy Kite - very nice indeed! I live up on the Cooloola Coast area - spend most of my time looking at birds from Tin Can Bay, Cooloola Cove, Rainbow Beach and Inskip Point. This is one of the most fantastic places for shorebirds but while watching and photographing these you can't help but notice the raptors as the shorebirds always react to a shadow flying over them. I see Ospreys, Whistling and Brahminy Kites, and White-breasted Sea Eagles all fairly regularly.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...