Monday, July 4, 2011

One Thousand Gifts

One particularly difficult day in this sometimes complex and challenging life of mine, I was looking for comfort, encouragement, inspiration and wisdom (via Google). I came across a book which I believe everyone should read. It's called "One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voskamp.
http://onethousandgifts.com/

I read the first chapter and decided I had to buy a copy - NOW! The challenge is to list 1000 gifts, things you are grateful for. Sound easy? Some may say "No problems!". But for me, with all the "negatives" of chronic ill health, family circumstances and constant difficulties, it has been a challenge to look beyond those things that could pull me down and find the blessings in my life - big and small.
To read my journal so far, click here: 1000 Gifts - Gratitude Journal

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I haven't ordered the book, nor read Ann's blog, which started it all I think. But I've seen my blog friend, Linda, following her blog and posting blessings, trying to reach 1000. I guess I should order the book. I'm glad you found it. I'm glad you're blogging. My next to the last post was my 5th anniversary one in which I list the reasons I continue to blog, though many of my friends have dropped out along the way. It has been very cathartic for me, and I've made so many wonderful friends - all over the world. May it be so for you!

Liz said...

It's a great book and well worth the read.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...