Monday, August 29, 2011

I Heart Macro

Since my last entry for "I Heart Macro", I have aquired a new toy - a Canon 1100D!! It has been a dream of mine to own one of these DSLR cameras for almost 2 years now. I also have on loan from a close friend, a macro lens so my daughter and I have been having a bit of fun with it. I only really used it properly this weekend.

Today I photographed some of my usual favourite things - mostly flowers. But I decided to venture out and capture some Australian wildlife also. Here are a couple of my favourite photos taken with the macro lens...









studio waterstone

5 comments:

Dawn said...

What wonderful pictures. I am afraid I wouldn't know what to do with a fancy camera!

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

I love you second bird photo. It's looking straight at you and everything is so clear.

T... said...

wonderful pictures, enjoy your new camera...I love the second bird shot....

Kim, USA said...

Hi Liz, I can relate to what you feel. Two years ago, hubby gave my first dslr on Christmas eve, when I opened it he said it's the first time I screamed the highest. Now he asked me if I like jewelries for a gift I said can you give me a lens? Hahaha!! I can't imagine how happy I am if I go nature hike and watch sunset,sunrise, tiny creatures, flowers etc., and to capture it with my camera is awesome!!
Enjoy your new camera and with what I see here you have a good photo, love it!
Thanks for the visit I do appreciate it!

Anonymous said...

Lovely composition in both bird photos!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...