Saturday, September 17, 2011

Memories

Today wasn't one of my best days... living with chronic illness and a heart condition can be somewhat difficult at times and can cause even the best laid plans to grind to a halt. I had plans to meet my best friend, Nat, for coffee - she lives almost an hours drive away on the Gold Coast now and we don't get to see one another enough. We usually meet for coffee half way between our homes every second Friday after she sees her doctor (she also has a heart condition). Sadly, I had to rest at home and had to cancel my plans for coffee and to have a quiet stroll afterwards with my camera.

Instead, I decided to do what usually cheers me up on days like this - look through my thousands (more like hundreds of thousands) of family photos. This is always a pick-me-up :)

I came across my Christmas 2004 album - most photos have been taken by my sister on her little digital camera. I didn't own one at that time and was still using my Minolta SLR as you will see in one photo...

"The Denehy 5" as we called ourselves... It's just NOT cool for a 15 year old boy to smile for the camera.
This was the year Bec (12) almost caught Ben (13) in height...

A sign never stopped a bunch of adventurous boys on Christmas Day!!

OK Dan, on the count of three...

We aren't jumping... these are tricks and that's different!

Note: My Minolta SLR (I still have a half full film stuck in it)

“Memory is a way of holding on to the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose.” ~ Kevin Arnold

4 comments:

Nadege, said...

Lovely memories. Looking through my photo albums always bring a smile to my face. Most of the photos in them were taken on a Minolta SLR too.

Dawn said...

That was a good idea to look at the pictures. I have hundreds and hundreds of photos that need to be put into albums - that was going to be my first project when I retired - 3 years ago. They're still sitting around the house - I did get a few sorted the first year. Great pictures!

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

It's good you have so many photos Liz and that they hold many good memories too. Hope you're feeling better....

Liz said...

Thanks ladies! My photos are something I treasure greatly - I often find them very therapeutic when I am feeling down. They provide the opportunity to reminisce, to laugh, and often trigger memories of temporarily forgotten experiences from long ago.

@Karen, I am much better thank you. My heart is a constant problem and has proven very difficult to stabilise. I just take a day at a time and make the most of the good days! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...