Saturday, February 25, 2012

Skywatch Friday: Fire in the sky

This week has been one of storms & plenty of rain. And the storms were not just those occuring outside.
For those who visit my blog regularly, you will have noticed that I have only posted a few times this week (instead of the usual 10+ link ups I enter).  Over the last few months, life in our home has been incredibly stressful for most of us. Extreme stress plays havoc with my heart, further reduces my inability to sleep, severely affects my pain levels and my happiness. Consequently, it's been harder and harder to find inspiration for my photography as well. The stress has also affected my daughter's recovery.
So this Tuesday evening, Michael determined to make an huge change in our home for the benefit of those of us who are happy to live peacefully. The atmosphere changed in our home almost immediately. It's amazing the difference one person can make when they determine to fight against authority because they want everything their own way. Some times children don't appreciate how blessed they are until they move out. The grass isn't always greener on the other side...

The weather is still stormy, but our home isn't. The sunsets are always impressive after a storm... These were the views from our street on Thursday evening.




Sharing with:
Skywatch Friday                 

13 comments:

Michael S-B said...

Beautiful photos, Liz :)

eileeninmd said...

WOW, what a gorgeous sky! Fabulous photos!

TexWisGirl said...

these are gorgeous, liz. i do hope the storms inside your home are over with. :)

LindyLouMac said...

Stunning shots of the stormy skies, but sorry to hear the weather was not the only stormy atmosphere around you. .

Anonymous said...

beautiful shots

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photos Liz. I hope it's a bit more peaceful for you now at home.

Seeing Each Day said...

I'm so pleased that the change was instant and you were all able to experience relief - it sounds like the decision made was most likely a difficult one but the best and the right one. All superb sunset photos.

CameraCruise said...

Wow, what a sky, great shots!

Deanna said...

I hope the storms in your home are clearing like the skies above. Beautiful captures.

Anonymous said...

The views from your home are stunning!

Rachel Hope said...

Gorgeous! Amazing colors!

Linnea said...

Glad that your household isn't as fiery as your skies! Take care!

Pat Tillett said...

Just another series of beautiful photos! I really enjoyed them...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...