Thursday, July 17, 2014

Wild Bird Wednesday: Birds of Prey in the Scenic Rim

While out west in the Scenic Rim, I observed a number of birds of prey soaring. Of course, I yelled "Stop the car!". Sometimes Michael could pull over easily and others it just wasn't possible. Here are a couple of birds I did manage to capture.

First up is a Nankeen Kestrel




This isn't a great flight shot but I thought it showed the way this bird flies.


This next one is a Black Shouldered Kite




Linking with Stewart's meme:

12 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

both are beautiful!

Brian King said...

Gorgeous, Liz! These are both handsome raptors!

Carole M. said...

beautiful Liz; fabulous photo opportunities

Pat Ulrich said...

Such beautiful birds -- that kestrel is really stunning!

eileeninmd said...

Gorgeous shots of the Kestrel and the awesome Kite. Well done!

Judi Gray said...

Beautiful photos of two of my favourite birds also. Could you tell what the Black-shouldered kite was devouring?

Michael S-B said...

Fantastic! It was very special, seeing them there, and you have captured them beautifully <3

Anonymous said...

Wow - fabulous shots.

mick said...

Great photos of the Kestrel and the Kite.
Thanks for you comments on my blog and your good wishes.

Lisa Gordon said...

You really do have some very handsome feathered friends, Liz!

BumbleVee said...

some lovely clear shots....

Christian Perrin said...

I love these little hawks! Your husband is nice to stop the car and let you get such great photos. I've spent a fair bit of time out in the bush this year and only just saw my first BSK for 2014 and have yet to see the Kestrel, so you know some good areas it seems!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...